The Android 13 October update is releasing now and contains nine fixes in front of upcoming Pixel phones.
This second update boasts nine enhancements across Audio, Connectivity, User Interface, and Wi-Fi after only five changes were made last month.
The Android 13 UI is the focus of this month’s updates, which also address empty Quick Settings tiles and widget compatibility issues. As well as fixing a device crash when playing audio from local storage, there is a fix for several programs that don’t display an icon in the media player.
Use the following device key to interpret the Android 13 Pixel changelog:
* Included on Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a (5G), Pixel 5 and Pixel 5a (5G)
(This only applies to the first issue under Audio, with everything else in the October update benefiting all Android 13 Pixel devices.)
- Fix for issue occasionally causing audible humming or noise artifacts during calls while using wired headsets *
- Fix for issue preventing device volume controls in media player notification to work under certain conditions
- Fix for issue causing launcher crash when connecting to VPN in certain conditions
- Fix for issue causing compatibility issues with certain app widgets in Android 13
- Fix for issue causing media player to display default icon for certain media apps
- Fix for issue occasionally causing device crash when playing audio from local storage
- Fix for issue occasionally causing empty Quick Settings tiles to display in notification shade
- Fix for issue occasionally causing Work Profile toggle button to appear truncated in app drawer
- Fix for issue occasionally preventing available Wi-Fi networks from displaying in network selection menu in certain apps